About this course
This course focuses on the fundamentals of commissioning by exploring the key concepts and techniques that enable commissioning excellence.
The purpose of this course is to help PHN staff build a consistently strong level of commissioning capability. This course has been rolled out to more than 400 PHN staff from 11 PHNs over the past 4 years, and we have co-designed and refined this course through close working with PHNs from across the country.
All our Rebbeck Academy courses are run online via Zoom. We use breakout rooms and virtual white boards to facilitate group discussions.
For PHN staff to:
- Develop consistent understanding of commissioning concepts and terminology
- Explore the critical commissioning competencies required by PHN staff
- Localise commissioning concepts in an Australian commissioning context through practical application of techniques
- Reinforce the strategic role of PHNs to reform health systems
- Increase confidence to explain the value of commissioning to system partners
- Understanding commissioning
- Value-based commissioning (commissioning for outcomes)
- Health needs
- Prioritise and plan
- Enhance and procure
- Modify and evaluate
Course dates and costs
Our next online PHN Commissioning Excellence course is being run in November 2021 over the following 4 sessions:
- 10:15am – 1:30pm (AEDT) Thursday 04 November
- 10:15am – 1:30pm (AEDT) Thursday 11 November
- 10:15am – 1:30pm (AEDT) Thursday 18 November
- 10:15am – 1:30pm (AEDT) Thursday 25 November
“I had a serious light bulb moment when I understood why PHNs do things the way they do”
PHN Commissioning Excellence Foundations Course
4 x half days of facilitated online learning across 4 weeks
International and national commissioning insights
Interactive zoom breakout discussions with shared learnings across nationwide PHNs
5% discount for PHNs sending 5 or more staff to encourage a shared team learning experience
Book a course
Get in touch if you would like to book a spot on our next Commissioning Excellence course, if you have any questions about the course, or if you would like a copy of our course prospectus!
“Overall the best training I’ve been to in ages”